S7 300 Memory Card loading with no CPU

ninanderson

Can anyone advise please ?

I did a project with an S7 315 2PN/DP a few months back and the machine has now been shipped out to China. Some mods are required but I don't have the same CPU to work with anymore.

Is there any way to load the updated program onto an MMC and send it to the customer to plug into the PLC on site?

Can I use a 'Normal' card reader and Step 7 as I don't have a CPU/PGavailable?

All ideas welcome as I don't have a lot of S7 experience.

I've modified Step 7 programs by editing the contents of the MMC using a HexEditor - so in principle it would be possible to analyse the Step 7 data from your project and copy it onto the MMC.....However, I doubt that this is a practical proposition and you need to gain access to the CPU with a programmer to download your modified program.

Can you send a PG with the installation team to do the download with your help over the phone ?

There are two ways that are the sanctioned way of programming a Simatic MMC card:
1. Program the MMC card with a Siemens USB Prommer. NOT an ordinary flash card reader.
2. Program the MMC card in a similar S7 CPU.

The MMC card for the processor is not a standard unit or format so I doubt you would be able to download to the MMC using a standard card reader / writer, You would have to do it as per JesperMP,s comments above or with a PG....

If you get stuck send me a pm and i,ll try help you out...

Regards

John V