Connecting SLC 5-04 PLC to Ethernet

Get a simple RS-232 to Ethernet converter. There are tons of them out there. You'll have to configure your port as a virtual com but it will work just fine. Used this method many times. If you need to communicate with other controllers then you're best of going the NET-ENI route but if all you need is a tiny bit of data it's way overpriced.

Similar Topics

What some ways to connect an Ethernet only PanelView Plus to a SLC 5/04 without upgrading it to a SLC 5/05?
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am doing a site survey for an older plant which my company has started working with. There are mutliple different PLC's around the...
Replies
Views
I have a SLC504 in the field that is communicating DH+ to several other SLC504 and the RS232 port is communicating to a panel view plus 1000. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm a electrician who is furthering my education and learning to be a programer , I have a Dell laptop running windows 7 with rs logics pro...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a question about connecting to an S500 PLC. I have been tasked with going to site and taking a backup of a program from an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom