Factorytalk directory configuration Wizard

MickFanning

Hi im new here but have used the site plenty of times for answers.

im having problems with my sofware i have recently brought Studio and factory talk veiw and am having no end of problems with the install.

i think the root of the problem is to do with administraion console however when i go to use the Factorytalk directory configuration wizard it keeps coming up with access denied any ideas?

i can open exsisting projects but wont let me create new ones. i have installed the software a couple of times over the years and never had ths much trouble am running v30 on win10 64bit.

Cheers Mick

I've only used up to FT V7, but when running the FactoryTalk Directory configuration wizard, make sure you are logged in to the operating system as an Administrator, then configure the local directory using your Windows Administrator account credentials.

Then when you start the Administration Console, be sure to log into the local directory.

If you want to use the Network mode, you will have to configure the Network Directory with Windows Administrator credentials as well. Then you'll need to make sure that the network directory you are trying to access is the one on your local computer. Do this by running the utility "Specify FactoryTalk Directory Location" and make sure the directory is "localhost". You'll need to enter the Windows credentials again. Then when you start the Administration console, select Network, and you'll log on.

thanks for the reply, sorry I've been parting it up for the public holiday weekend here.

I was running it as an admin with admin rights just couldn't get the wizard to work tried everything set windows back to factory and installed it all again no joy.

I was reluctant to try VMware with no experience but gave it ago and installing windows 7 Pro on VMware and installing software runs like a charm lets me do everything I want. no more crashes and lets me create new projects so I'm happy.

have no idea the difference between 7 and 10 but enough to make the difference.