Fix32 ABR Driver Reconfiguration of Tag Data!!

SNK

I am working with GE FIX32, version 7.0.

I have migrated an application using the older 6.x ABR driver, from WinNT to Win2K, and have now moved to the newer 7.29h ABR driver, that supports Rslinx Gateway setups.

I am speaking to a PLC5, on native DH+, through a routing system of RIO/DH+ card and Ethernet gateway setup. Communications are up and running, I can verify in the ABR driver setup screen.

In FIX32 database builder, the original database referenced the D-xx.addressing scheme that was previously set up in the older driver. (example D11-N433:10/1) Now, when I view the database, it appears as though all of the tag "links" have been changed to the "Dev:File:Word[:Bit]" format. This occurred after the new driver was installed.

My application basically indicates a bunch of ???? in places where I used to have integer or data.

Is there an easy way to get my old data into the new ABR driver v7.29h?

I have over 1800 tags to re-address, and I really don't want to have to do them manually.

Thanks for any help provided.

SNK said:
I am working with GE FIX32, version 7.0.

I have migrated an application using the older 6.x ABR driver, from WinNT to Win2K, and have now moved to the newer 7.29h ABR driver, that supports Rslinx Gateway setups.

I am speaking to a PLC5, on native DH+, through a routing system of RIO/DH+ card and Ethernet gateway setup. Communications are up and running, I can verify in the ABR driver setup screen.

In FIX32 database builder, the original database referenced the D-xx.addressing scheme that was previously set up in the older driver. (example D11-N433:10/1) Now, when I view the database, it appears as though all of the tag "links" have been changed to the "Dev:File:Word[:Bit]" format. This occurred after the new driver was installed.

My application basically indicates a bunch of ???? in places where I used to have integer or data.

Is there an easy way to get my old data into the new ABR driver v7.29h?

I have over 1800 tags to re-address, and I really don't want to have to do them manually.

Thanks for any help provided.

This sounds familiar. I went through the same ordeal last fall upgrading and old Fix6.2 application it IFIX7.0. I also upgraded the Fix I/O driver. Ran into the same issues you noted and was eventually told by tech support the fix ABR V7.X driver is not for IFIX7.0

I fortunatley had the ABR driver and an old 6.2 application that I converted to 7.0 and maitained the old ABR driver,and worked ok after that.

Thanks for the input.
In the details, it says that ABR v7.29h IS supported using version 7.0 FIX32.
I have the old driver also, but it does not support the gateway method that I am using to communciate to the processor.
It does however have the Ethernet option, and the KT-1784 option (The one that I am using).
I wonder what it would take to get the Ethernet option working.....
The problem is though, as soon as you select a new type in the driver pull-down box, it changes all of the settings back to default....so I am back to square one.
I will continue to move forward......
I am having one hurdle after another with this "easy" migration.

SNK said:
Thanks for the input.
In the details, it says that ABR v7.29h IS supported using version 7.0 FIX32.
I have the old driver also, but it does not support the gateway method that I am using to communciate to the processor.
It does however have the Ethernet option, and the KT-1784 option (The one that I am using).
I wonder what it would take to get the Ethernet option working.....
The problem is though, as soon as you select a new type in the driver pull-down box, it changes all of the settings back to default....so I am back to square one.
I will continue to move forward......
I am having one hurdle after another with this "easy" migration.

Sorry, need to rephrase,I believe the techy I was talking to told me that the direct upgrade conversion does not work with the ABR driver. I could still use the V7.X driver if I wished to retype all 500+ database tags, which I choose not to do.