Modicon Concept Programming

JeffB

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone,

I have been using the trial version of Concept 2.5 to learn how to program a Quantum 434. It seems as thought the I've spent the last couple of days learning what I can't do in Concept.

I've learned that I can not address to the bit level in a 4x registor. Am I right?

I've learned that I can not use multiple assignments for the same variable without recieving a warning after downloading. I can't figure out how to move different values into a INT variable and not assign that variable more than once. For instance, say I have a counter. I create a INT variable to use for the timer preset value. If I need to use a couple of different preset values for the same timer, how can I put different values in that variable without placing it in more than one rung?

Thanks to those that take the time to read this.

Jeff

Jeff,
I have been using concept v2.5 for many years and find it exellent.
I've learned that I can not address to the bit level in a 4x registor. Am I right?
No not really you can use the bit to word block and the word to bit block.
I've learned that I can not use multiple assignments for the same variable without recieving a warning after downloading.
That's true but it is not a drama. You can disable that in the preferences but I wouldn't bother.
For instance, say I have a counter. I create a INT variable to use for the timer preset value. If I need to use a couple of different preset values for the same timer, how can I put different values in that variable without placing it in more than one rung?
You can use the move block to transfer the value. Create the variable for the timer (say Timer1)and place it at the input of the timer. Then place the varaible Timer1 on the output of the variable. Use the checkbox of the move dfb to eneable the EN and place a positive edge block onn the EN input with the trigger as the input. Place the value in avariable (Timer_Value) or use a literal
Hope this helps