Beijer Information Designer Simulator

swphillips

I'm working on an HMI running on a Beijer panel, and I'm trying to test out the project with the simulator in Information Designer. Does anyone know if it's even possible for the simulator to communicate with a PLC?

The setup seems fairly straightforward; I set the PLC's IP up in the controller 1 driver in the peripherals folder. However, the HMI shows no values from the PLC, and the PLC receives no commands or setpoints from the HMI.

Dunno about Information Designer, but Beijer iX Developer can "run" projects and "simulate" projects. For PLC communication, you need to "run" the project - that's the green button in the upper left.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 4.19.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Official response from Beijer support is that the simulator in Information Designer does not communicate to a PLC. You have to actually download to an HMI panel to check PLC comms.

as Petelite says, you can run a project (without the panel) against a simulated PLC as well. This works for iX Developer, don´t know what information designer is....

I guess Information Designer is a bit outdated (copyright shows 2004-2009). We're just adding a single screen to an existing HMI, so I'm stuck using this software. The simulation only has a single Run option with the blue triangle, when running this way the program isn't designed to look for PLC according to Beijer support.

InformationDesignerRun.PNG

Well, if Beijer says it isn’ Supported it seems hard.

My country man spaderkung mentioned a registry key for E-designer.
Strange i havn’t even heard of information designer, it looks like out E-designer.
Guess you could try the key used for E-designer.