Proface ST401 and Micrologix 1200

knichols

I'm trying to get an st401 hmi to communicate with a micrologix 1200. So far, i've only gotten "plc not responding." Im using DF1 half duplex slave, baud 19200, parity none, node 1, bcc, no handshake in the plc. In the HMI, im using the SLC 500 series, same settings as plc pretty much. Node setup DH address 0 for plc no. and gp no. System start address is N7:0. All i have for the screen is a lamp showing whether b3:0/0 is set or not. Not really sure what else i need to do, as I'm new to plc's. Thanks in advance for any help

Unfortunately I have to admit the usual "I've never used your device (proface) but...."

Most HMI devices implement DF1 Full Duplex, not half-duplex.

The MicroLogix series by default uses CRC error checking, but you can set it to BCC if you want.

Set the MicroLogix back to it's defaults (DF1 Full Duplex, 19200, 8/N/1, CRC) and then try to set up the Proface to match.

I tried this and it still says PLC not Responding. The half duplex settings I posted before came from the PLC connection guide that came with the HMI. It may be used in this one because it is such a low end model. Would like to post a link to this guide, but unfortunately I can't find it online. I think my head will start bleeding soon from beating it against the wall.

Im using DF1 half duplex slave, baud 19200, parity none, node 1, bcc, no handshake in the plc. In the HMI, im using the SLC 500 series, same settings as plc pretty much. Node setup DH address 0 for plc no. and gp no.

In line one you have the PLC as node 1, in the next line you have the HMI looking for node 0.

Changed both to 1. Its seems weird to me, but their guide says set both nodes the same. Looks to me like it should be node 1 for the plc and some other node for the hmi, which is what i was doing for a while until i read that part. Still no response though. I am seeing the comm light come on for a few seconds on the plc, then it takes maybe 30 seconds and the error comes up.

I'm attempting to upload a picture of the settings for the HMI. I have tried several things which include changing the node, and now im getting pretty constant flashes on the comm. It also has a different error, now it says plc com error. Looks like I might be getting somewhere...

For what it's worth to you, I setup a ST401-AG41-24V to communicate with a MicroLogix 1500 (it was also able to work with a SLC5/04). As an aside, the ST401 has a RS-232 port as opposed to a RS422/485 or MPI port.

Cable
pin 2 to 3
pin 3 to 2
pin 5 to 5
in ST plug, tied pin 7 to 8 (not connected via cable to AB plug)
in AB plug, tied pin 7 to 8 (not connected via cable to ST plug)
in AB plug, tied pin 1 to 4 to 6 (not connected via cable to ST plug)

MicroLogix 1500 Channel Configuration
Channel 1 (by the way, use these same settings on a SLC 500 Channel 0)
Driver: DH485
Baud: 19200
Node Address: 1
Token Hold Factor: 1
Max Node Address: 31

GP-Pro/ST401
Device/PLC Type: Rockwell (Allen-Bradley), AB SLC500 DH485
Comm Settings: RS-232C, 19200, 8 bits, even parity, 1 stop bit, DTR/ER

ST Offline Initialization Screens
I do not recall having to make any changes to the initialization screens on the ST401. If you have you may want to return them to the default settings.

I've configured the plc for slc500 dh485, but now cant get rslinx to find the plc. Tried using slc500 emulator driver with station number 00... Any ideas? Just trying to get it into run mode really, since the settings are in there.

Got it working, mainly it was a box that wasnt checked in the transfer settings called GP System Screens. Also, it had several boxes checked in the system area settings that was messing me up. Can't believe it took that long for something that simple. Thanks for all the help guys, the node find really helped.

Hello everyone i have a problem like this, i made just two buttons letter A and B in my Hmi proface AGP 3200 , and i make a simple code in rs logix 500 with 2 N.O contacts and the outputs what am i triying to do is just when i press the buttons in the hmi turn on the outputs in my Micrologix 1200 but i could'nt finished at the moment there is comunication because when i press the buttons the com light goes on i will apreciate very much your help in this issue is urgent Thank you !