produce/consume tag problem

kchapman

i am working on a logix 5k project that will use produced/consumed tags. the two controllers are a compactlogix and controllogix. i added each ethernet interface to the other's i/o tree. the controllogix can "see" the compactlogix, but not the other way around. when i try to add the consumed tag to the compactlogix program, the controllogix (1756-ENBT CanJugPLC in the i/o tree below) does not appear in the producer drop-down list on the "consumed tag connection" dialog.

screenshot1.JPG
screenshot2.jpg

i'm sure there is something simple that i have overlooked, but i'm not seeing what i have done incorrectly. can someone give me a hand? thanks.

You need to add the controllogix controller onto the 1756-A17 backplane in the IO config - the consumer needs to know where the producer is, not just the ethernet module.

right-click the 1756-A17 backplane and add your controller, make sure the slot number is set correctly

is it really an A17 chassis ? - most unusual .... not seen one for years

IOConfig.jpg

Last edited:
You need to add your 1756 CPU and slot #under the 1756-ENBT. Knowing the ENBT is not enough, the CPU can be in any slot

duh... the ethernet interface on the compactlogix is integrated into the processor, so the processor magically appeared. i was expecting the same thing to happen with the controllogix.

thanks for your responses. :)

yes, it is an A17 chassis. they were standard for the controllers we used at my last job.

NP, you got it now, you just have to remember that with controllogix, you can have multiple controllers in a chassis, so any comms specs need to know where to go.