How to change the IP address of SLC 5/05

wrochovina

I am doing some IT work for a company that took over for another company.
the previous company upon leaving had some SLC 5/05 connected to some A/B touchviews. However, the previous company ripped out all the Ethernet equipment, and the new company would like me to install a new network, with a new IP scheme. I have been able to setup a router with the old IP scheme and connect to each of the SLC 5/05's and ping them with the old IP address they were statically set with before. and also through the web interface by inserting the IP address in the Firefox and IE.

I have RSLINX lite that I have been able to make an initial association with, and it see's the Unit.

But how do I actually change the IP, subnet, and Gateway address,
I have been reading through as many posts as I can find, but maybe Im searching for the wrong terms.

Thanks in advance

look under the Channel Configuration feature (near the top of the "project tree" at the left of your screen ... Channel 1 should be the Ethernet channel ... turn off the BOOTP Enabled checkbox if everything is grayed out ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Thank you for your response,

I am not currently able to hook up to the SLC 5/05

But, correct me where I may be wrong,
If I connect to the SLC with RSLINX lite, and it shows as connected,
do I use RSLOGIX 500 to open that config file?
and if so does it automatically come up, or do I have to
download to my laptop somehow?

Sorry for the Newb questions, and I appreciate any help
and suggestions in this matter

First open RSLinx and get your communication... I do it with the serial port, its a little easier

Then open RSlogix, if you have the program open it if not you will need to upload the program from the CPU

Once you have it open you will do as Ron said and change the IP address and download it to the CPU

Then you can setup RSLinx IP driver

I do not have a serial port to access it, but have been able
to reach it through the Ethernet port. Is it still possible
to do it that way, I have a router that I can plug in
that is setup with the same IP scheme that it is set to,
can I upload and change the program still

Thanks

question: do you have RSLogix500 software available?

possible answers: yes, no, I'm not sure ...
==================================================
question: are you trying to set the Ethernet connection up with "dynamic" (not static) IP addresses? ...

possible answers: yes, no, I'm not sure ... (PLEASE say "no") ...
question: can you SAFELY shut the equipment down while you make the changes? ...

question: can you have the system available tomorrow about 9:30am Eastern time? ...

if you can have everything ready to go tomorrow, I'll try to walk you through this over the phone ... what you're trying to do isn't "hard" – but there are a LOT of little steps ... basically we can type for a long time – or talk for a little while ... if you've got everything you need, this should only take five minutes or so ...

PLEASE don't take any offense, but from what you've posted so far, it doesn't sound like we're speaking exactly the same "language" ... some of the terms you're using don't really "fit" with the subject we're discussing ... this would be much easier over the phone ...

offline for tonight ... if nobody else comes along before I get back, I'll try to help you through this in the morning ... if you need me, you can find my phone number on the "Contact Us" page of my website ... click the link below my signature - or send me a PM or Email with your number and I'll call you when I get a chance ...

Last edited: