Solution for VMWare... slow XP machine on Windows 10 Host

AutomationTechBrian

Lifetime Supporting Member
I came across this working on my XP VMWare machine...

I was frustrated by extremely slow XP virtual machine while running RSLogix 5000 for troubleshooting. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago on another VM, XP machine with Siemens Step7 software.

I found the solution online.... It was caused by my AVAST software. I uninstalled it, and the problem went away. Hopefully this helps someone.

Thanks for the info.

I run Step 7 v5.5 in a Win XP VM VixtualBox and it runs pretty fast.
I love how it save and recover the state in a few seconds.
I recently changed my computer and I was able to recreate the VM just by copying a file.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I'm working on a project that involves controlling an array of nozzles within a CNC environment, where the nozzles travel along a...
Replies
Views
Our plant has a network repeater station located in a field with two ProSoft RLX2-IHG network radios for connecting our plant network to a well...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is one for the Mitsubishi experts. I need to measure the time for a remote device's to return process data sent from the i-QR...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a customer who wishes to to display some of the information from their refrigeration plant (CompactLogix PLC on Ethernet/IP) on...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I developed HMI with Resolution of 1920 x 1080 in FactoryTalk View studio SE; and also use same resolution for Client Runtime PC yet...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom