Keyence IV-G10 displaying inspections remotely

croakus

Hi,
I have an IV-G10 I need to export inspections so the operators know what was wrong instead of guessing. On previous applications I used Keyence's remote display which has a touch screen and cost around $800 two years ago.
I was told by a Keyence sales person that a customer had used an Acer Switch 3 to display inspections for around $300.
Anybody ever try this? I expect that FTP was involved in picture transfer but not sure how on the pc side to do this.

Any thoughts?

Mike

Or....has anybody used an inexpensive display with Keyence?

I have tons of cameras to inspect parts.
Having a "View Only" display that can not be used to change or update ROIs was difficult for me to get. I only have 1 company that has a view only system and that is IFM.
On my Keyence systems, I have had to use the IV navigator software and password protect it.
I have a Mini Forum Fanless Mini PC model Z83-F networked into my line. I use this PC to run the viewing software, IT set it up to auto log in at boot up and starts the programs.
This PC is connected to a 52in monitor that I have hanging on the line. It took the guess work out of the situation, allows the maint staff to verify the cameras are still in focus and aligned to the part correctly. It also allows me to stove up a new employee at this screen to watch what the system is looking for.

Ive asked Keyence if they have a chopped down version that can only be used as a inspection display. Their engineers stated they have a desire to make one, just haven't had enough people ask for it to justify the man hours too break down their program.

Cognex has a view only web interface that you can use to have multiple displays open at the same time, I don't have any Cognex devices, but they keep trying to sell them to me =)