Siemens TIA Portal Programming

rtaylorCARR

Hello I looking for help in TIA portal programming.
In RSLogix I am a hot key wizard and can write code very fast.
Is it just me or is it just a slow process in tia portal??

I guess different shortcuts are to be expected between software packages until someone creates a standard for those.

This being said, the time lost on not knowing shortcuts can be gained back 4 fold by having a simulator (basic for free), all languages included in the basic package and not having to dance around modifying AOI's online.

FYI, in one of the recent version of Portal, we (finally) got the option to change the hotkeys as well. All the hotkeys in Portal are listed in the options.

FYI, in one of the recent version of Portal, we (finally) got the option to change the hotkeys as well. All the hotkeys in Portal are listed in the options.

This just made my day. I have been waiting for so long for this. That was one of my biggest issues going from classic to TIA was the change in hotkeys!

This just made my day. I have been waiting for so long for this. That was one of my biggest issues going from classic to TIA was the change in hotkeys!

Even without setting on main program, you can still program wanted hotkey combinations with autohotkey program.
It needs some programming, but autohotkey can convert wanted hotkeys to hardwired keys.
https://www.autohotkey.com/