question about Lookout 6.1 and "NeutralZones"

defcon.klaxon

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Client has a system on Lookout, they're asking me to upgrade to InTouch as their HMI and a Scadapack as the controller. So I'm going through their existing Lookout system, trying to map physical I/O for all their remote sites. Unfortunately one RTU has absolutely no descriptions for signals, literally just "DigitalInput1". I've gone through the code and this point I've figured out that a pump is being called to run based on a "NeutralZone" that compares a tank level to a start/stop level. OK, figured that out but I cannot for the life of me determine how this NeutralZone is mapped to a physical I/O. I've searched everywhere and can't determine how the NeutralZone is used to actually make the output energize when the pump is called to run. Client is over an hour away so it wouldn't be impossible to go and do a site visit, but obviously figuring it out here would be easier. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Quick update: did some more reading and apparently the NeutralZone.above and .below are the discretes that activate when the parameters are met. Still don't see how they're attached to physical I/O, and I've checked other NeutralZones for other site processes, still no obvious answer on how they're connected.

OK, I think I figured things out. If you right click on your RTU and go to "edit connections", THAT is where outputs are given instructions. But none of that info is there just by opening the window, you have to click on each "existing connection" and then manually select it, THEN the connection is revealed. Thank God Lookout isn't a thing anymore, it's absolute garbage. And who ever thought it was a good idea to put all your trust into a Windows box that if it ever crashes leaves your entire system totally shut down?