Moeller cpu ps4-201-mm1

Franc23_B

[FONT=&quot]Hello,

I have a problem, CPU has the "Ready" and "Not Ready" LEDs flash at the same time, and I was reading the manual, and it says that the PLC does not have an operating system, support by the manual.

What can I do, to get RUN the CPU ??
[/FONT]

I believe it is only the PS4-341 and above that has an operating system that can be flashed.

It may mean that you don't have a program in the unit. If there is no memory module in the PLC and the battery goes dead you lose the program.

You could try to put the mode switch in Run and then press the reset button (under the cover). You could also try to put the switch to the Run M-Reset position and then press reset. In that case it is a cold start of the PLC and possibly some lost data in retained variables.

What is the battery light doing?

Battery

Well, the battery is ok (3,7 Vdc) and led no flashes on.

I put the dip switch (2) RUN and press RESET buttom, and it doesnt get RUN.
Then I put the dip switch(3) and press RESET buttom, with same results.

So, what happend with CPU ? Is the program at memory module ?

Memory

I think that the CPU has a memory module. how can i know physically or how can i discovery or even see the memory module ??

The memory module, if present, sits above the PRG and Sukonet K ports. There is usually a cover there or a memory module. It has been a long time but I believe the cover is just white plastic while the memory module has a dark plastic handle in the middle.

If you have a memory module with a program on it, when you start the PLC there is a check to see if the PLC and memory module have the same program. If the programs do not match (or if there is no program in the PLC) then the program is copied from the Memory Module to the PLC.

Sounds like you do not have a memory card.

Do you have a second identical machine with a working program?

Location of memory

Let me find the memory module at my CPU, I supposed that I will have to remove some cover and then I will see it.

If there is no memory module then what ?

And if there is a memory module ? What ?

I don't have another machine with identical program.

Maybe it will solve with PC - CPU communication and try to do transfer program from memory module, is it possible ??

If there is a program on the card it should just work. You could try to take it out and put it back in. To take it out, first turn off the power. Then you have to lift up on the dark handle first. It will stick up about 10mm. then you can remove the entire memory module.

To re-install, start with the handle up again. Put the memory module into the plc making sure it is all the way down. Then push the handle down. After that turn the power back on and do the RESET / RUN-M-RESET to restart the program.

There is no way to pull the program out from the PLC. You can get a binary, compiled file but you cannot get it into the programming software to make any changes.

memory Module

I´m sorry but i take the memory module out and it was empty. There is no memory module connected.

What can I do now ?
I was thinking to get online with PC - PLC and looking the state of the CPU or program.

But the requirements is windows 95, 98 or NT.

Maybe there is another way that you can think.

You can only go online if you already have a copy of the program on your PC.

If the machine is not too big it is probably best to just buy a new PLC and write it over.

Wish I had better news.

Hi there, I am on top of a PS4-341 trying to make it running. Right now there is in READY mode, but it won't go to RUN after pressing RESET button.
There is no M card installed and I have no much info regarding the equipment history.

I am thinking to perform a cold start (switch in RUN M-Reset position and press RESET push button) but I'm afraid of loosing data/parameters).

Any suggestion, please. MAny thanks!

They go wrong, they stay wrong.
If you don't have the original program, the software, the lead and a laptop running Windows 95 with a batch file to initiate the serial port then you are out of luck.
It's start again time.