AB Powerflex 525 faults Type1 and Type2

Tom Kazakoff

The VFD has a catagory of errors called TYPE 1. Evidently these are not serious or fatal errors. There are two parameters that allow you to have the VFD retry after a delay when one of these errors occurs.

Problem1: What does the VFD do if the retries for Type 1 errors is exhausted and the error still exists? Does it shutdown? If a motor is running does it shut it off? This is important to know for the error handler I need to write.

Problem2: Type 2 errors I think, do not allow for any VFD retries or self correction. I think they are more serious. Same questions, what does the VFD do when it gets a type 2 error? Does it turn off the motor? Does it shutdown?

Problem3: How can I get the current error from the VFD when it occurs? Is there a list of type 1 and type 2 errors somewhere?

If anyone knows about these issues or can direct me to a link or document that will answer these questions, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Tom Kazakoff
Trevi Systems