Latest Allen Bradley Guardplc & Rslogix Guard!!

ckchew666

Hi,

Have anyone try a hand on AB GuardPLC? I'm from Malaysia and there is no proj. reference for this new GuardPLC.

I'm actually doing a protocol converting. Some data from this GuardPLC need to map into DCS (modbus). Anyone knows if the Ethernet port of the GuardPLC is using the same protocol/format like the ENET port on SLC 5/05 or 1756-ENBT?

If it's different, then I must converting from ASCII to Modbus and that will be killing also! Using ProLinx convertor.

Otherwise any good suggestions from you?....

Thanks.

Regards,
CK Chew

Hi,

I've found out that the Ethernet of the GuardPLC is TCP/IP while the Ethernet for SLC & CLX etc are Ethernet/IP. They are different types.

I'd like to set the GuardPLC(ascii) to communicate with DCS (modbus) thru a Prolinx convertor, anyone have any idea regarding the settings?

Thanks.