controllogix analog module online range change

lucifer

hi guys,
can anybody tell me what do u do when u need to change the transmitter fitted to controllogix & want to update the range & span settings online i.e. scaling parameters in module setting ..........i think u need to restart the plc or atleast module to get new settings effective
comment..........

The scaling for the controllogix analog modules can be done while online. Just open up the properties section for the module and select the configuration pulldown menu. Select the input you want to rescale and input your new scaliong data and you're done. If you are online when you do this the program will ask you if you want to inhibit the module prior to it accepting the changes.

Actually, it is my experience that it depends on the module you are asking about. Many of them require that you use the SSV (set system variable) instruction to get the module to accept and start using the changed variables. You can ususally find examples in the appendix of the module's user manual.

Darren