AD Question

Steve Meisel

I am working on my first Automation Direct project and I have a couple of questions. The plc is a Siemens TI435 and I am adding a analog module to do some measuring of the depth of a metal tube being pressed into a part.

1. Does the processor have any retentive memory? I want to store some numbers from the HMI for the tube depth limits. I would like them to be retained in case of a power failure. Currently I have to hook up the pc to change the limits using a constant.

2. Is there an easier way to clear or zero 4 sequencial V registers than: load 0 out V1505, load 0 out V1506, load 0 out V1507, load 0 out V1510

Thanks,

Steve

Assuming that a TI435 is the same as a DL-430, then the answers are yes, and yes... :D

To select which ranges are retentive, you use the "PLC" pulldown menu, then click "Setup"--->"Retentive Ranges". You're ARE using DirectSOFT, right?

As far as clearing multiple registers, check out the "FILL" instruction. You specify the number of registers to fill, the starting location, and the value to fill them with.
See page 141 in Chapter 5 of the user manual which can be downloaded HERE... đź“š

Now that you've discovered A-D, I have a feeling this 'first' A-D project won't be your last!... :D

beerchug

-Eric

Thanks.

Thanks Eric for the reply.

The TI435 is the same as a DL-430 and yes I am using DirectSOFT32.

Thanks again.

Steve