RSlogix 5000 activation transfer

aec

Hi all,

I need to transfer activation from one PC to othero_O . Because the display is not working.
I just want to confirm whether the rehosting will work ????

I saw the video of rehosting available on the website
So what I have planned to do is :

• Connect the damaged PC to internet and through FACTORY TALK ACTIVATION MNGR. REHOST ACTIVATION.
  • Then install Rslogix 5000 in new PC and connect to the internet and "FIND AVAILABLE ACTIVATION" and activate .
Will this work :unsure:???????????

Help please .

Thanks in advance .

you may be able to plug in a different display using the VGA or HDMI port on your notebook.
- I am assuming it is a notebook.
use - i think ALT - P or (toshiba) F5 key to toggle to the other screen.
It may work.

Hi iant,

Thank you for your immediate response .

Currently I am using it as you have said the problem is I have Factory talk View studio machine edition installed in laptop 2 . So I want to transfer rslogix 5000 also.

rehost

I have used the rehost feature in activation manager a couple of times. Followed the intstructions on the video and it worked fine.

I have used the rehost feature in activation manager a couple of times. Followed the intstructions on the video and it worked fine.

Hi Swayne,

Thank you for your time and response (y).

Should both the system be in same network while doing rehost ???

After performing rehost in first system (PC1) , how did you activate the second system (PC2)?????đź“š

I watched the videos but still I am confused:confused: because my systems (PC1 & PC2 ) are not connected in a network .

Your answer will be of great help to me.
Thanks in advance:site:

Have computer 1 connected to the internet. When you rehost the activation it will be put back on the rockwell servers. You can then connect computer 2 to the internet and acitvate the software on the new computer using the activation manager. Rockwell will allow 3 rehosts a year I believe.

just follow the rehosting procedure, bear in mind that once you rehost your activation, a new activation number will be displayed after the rehosting, connect your new pc to the internet and run the activation server and key in the new number that was I mentioned above.

Hi guys ,

Thank you for your time and response(y) .Now then I am confident(y) in doing rehost but I have one more doubt:oops: .

I am going to do rehost from PC1 to PC2 . In PC2 I have already installed Factory talk view studio which is valid only for 20 days . now if I install Rslogix 5000 in PC2 and do rehost will it affect Factory talk view studio :eek:??????:confused:

Thank you :site::site:

No!! your activation key for FTview and activation key for Rslogix either 5,500 or 5K are totally different. just select which activation key you want to rehost..

Cheers,

Guys after installing rslogix 5000 in PC2 I lost activation for FACTORY TALK VIEW STUDIO MACHINE EDITION WHICH WAS ALREADY INSTALLED IN IT and it was for 25 days .
Now what should i do ?????

Factory talk activation manager still shows that FT View Studio ME is valid till may19 but when I am trying to open FACTORY TALK VIEW STUDIO it says View studio
"does not appears to be registered" :eek:.

Any help please .

Some one please help đź“š .

I can see that FT view studio is valid till may 19 in my Factory talk Activation manager . But when I try to open FT view studio it show a message
"FT view studio does not appears to be registered"

Hi all ,

This post from the thread http://199.193.246.108/qanda/showthread.php?p=482368#post482368 solved my issue .:p

Originally Posted by lmbeckner
This fixed it for me:
118645 - FactoryTalk View Studio software error "VStudio does not appear to be registered"

Access Level: Everyone
Date Created: 03/14/2011 01:39 PM
Date Last Updated: 04/12/2011 09:10 AM

The error "VStudio does not appear to be registered" occurs when starting FactoryTalk View Studio. How can I prevent this?

The shortcut is corrupted. Try the following corrective action:
  1. Start FactoryTalk View Studio software from:
  1. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Rockwell\
    [*]Double-click on VStudio.exe.
If this works you can:
  • Copy a shortcut of the VStudio.exe to your desktop to start the software there.
Or

• You can fix the shortcut as described in the next topic.
Thank you all for your time and support .(y):site::site:

Last edited:
If you have problem,,, simply ring Rockwell Tech support, they have excellent technical support.
Even if you have lost your system, as long as you have a valid serial number and the software is registered correctly. They can help you re-host your activation. They can even send you a activation file over email, you simply have to place this file in activation folder on the new system after you have installed Rockwell software.