Danfoss VLT FC51 advice on fault

liamgratton

Having a small problem with a new danfoss micro VLT FC51 drive I was hoping someone on here could help with.

my setup: my motor speed is controlled via 0-10vdc pot (with a voltage display/ indicator in parallel) connecting to the FC51.

when started at 0vdc on the pot, the drive goes into alarm (code: AL 13) and trips and it won't allow me to turn the frequency/speed up before it alarms. I reset the drive and turn the pot up anywhere above 0vdc and my motor rotates fine, and I can adjust its speed. does anyone know what is causing this?

I have measured all voltages, check motor spec and exchanged the pot but no luck. I have also adjusted the low ref point on parameter 6-14 term 53 from 0 to 0.75. which at first solved the drive tripping issue but also meant when started at 0vdc there was some creeping from the motor. now the issue has come back, and I don't want to change parameter 6-14 as there must be an underlying issue.

Any help would be great!!

Shock load or fast acelleration is a common cause check the motor drive/gearbox or what ever is free enough it could be binding or too fast aceleration.

I have the same set up on 2 other machines, so I don't think it is acceleration. Mechanically everything is fine and nothing binding/ jamming it up.