simoreg k 6ra23

senen

hi,
i'm pretty new with simoreg k drive (6ra23).we have existing machine that uses this drive.what i like to do is upload the drive parameter to the computer to save the parameter setting.i don't have a software for this drive.i know it is time consuming, what i'm planning to do is just go to the operator control panel of the drive and write down all the parameter setting, then transfer the parameter to a new drive.i partially read the manual but i can't see how to save this parameter to a new drive.i've work with ssd 590 drive and you can scroll thru the mmi until parameter save is display.

thanks,
senen

hi zimbo,
i have drive monitor version 5.4.0.1 (p7v-ro54004).when i go to new/based on factory setting,the unit type that i can see is simoreg 6ra24.can i use this 6ra24 for 6ra23 also?

thanks

Hi Senen.

I checked this today at work and you're right. DriveMonitor works only with 6RA24 or higher (6RA70..).

For 6RA23 you need a program called PCIN. It's a very small DOS-program (about 70kB). You don't need to install this program, copy/paste is possible and i'm pretty sure it's for free.
Up to now i couldn't find out where one can download the program.

I could attach the program as a .zip file, but unfortunately my version is only in German. To translate all functions will last a while, because i didn't worked with it for a long time.

Firstly you can try to work with the German version until i found time to translate the program.

b r
Zimbo

P.S.
I had a heavy-going day and i forgot my USB-stick at work.
So i will attach the file tomorrow morning. (about 07:30 a.m. CET)

Last edited:
I think that we have PCIN (english i hope) at work, i can Attach the file tomorrow if needed.

hi,
yes i really needed that program.so far we've been lucky that we don't have problem with those drive.it's been running now for at least 7 years.

thanks

here we goo, almost forgot it.. dont know if we got any newer version, was grabbing this on the way home..

On Siemens drives, all paramter changes are immediately written to flash by default, unless you explicity change that setting, so there is no "Parameter Save" as there is on SSD drives.

hi,
i know i'm asking too much on you guys..i was able to install the
pcin software...can you give me a procedure how to use this software.

thanks again