S7-300 Getting Online. New to Siemens.

elons_nephew

Good evening,
I am trying to get online with an S7-300 controller. I am new to Siemens. I can view the CPU when connected, and open up the blocks for the desired PLC. But there are not projects in these blocks. It is currently running a system and I am trying to monitor it live. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please see attached photo for clarification.

S7300.JPG

You have accessed a network card and a Profinet IO, no CPU there. I'm a bit rusty, but you should be able to reach the CPU this way.

How's the topology of this system?

The Profinet Commander tool has DCP (Discovery and Configuration protocol) client functionality and can help you detect the CP343-1 Lean card and find its IP address.
https://profinetcommander.com/download/

I have the right address as per this software. I select the ISO option for my PG interface. But when i do accessible nodes it still comes up industrial ethernet and I cannot see any of the CPU's

profi.JPG

A 2DP has both Profibus and MPI, what port is the black cable plugged into under the cover? Are there cables plugged into the 343?

Just wondering if all the physical connections are there?