TSX17-10 and PL7-1 software

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
We've just purchased a second-hand band saw that has a TSX17-10 PLC. The bandsaw works but we'd like to make some changes to how it works to make it more suitable for how we'd like to use it. A quick google tells me I need the PL7-1 software and also that I may have a rocky road ahead of me!

Does anyone have the software and be willing to let me have a copy? We don't have a native DOS machine or a serial port, does anyone have any experience getting it to work successfully with DOSBox and a USB-RS485 convertor?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry Steve, I omitted to say that our intention is to replace the PLC but we'd much sooner do that with an upload in our possession

We've just purchased a second-hand band saw that has a TSX17-10 PLC. The bandsaw works but we'd like to make some changes to how it works to make it more suitable for how we'd like to use it. A quick google tells me I need the PL7-1 software and also that I may have a rocky road ahead of me!

Does anyone have the software and be willing to let me have a copy? We don't have a native DOS machine or a serial port, does anyone have any experience getting it to work successfully with DOSBox and a USB-RS485 convertor?

Will PL7-2 work? I have it and can share.

Will PL7-2 work? I have it and can share.

Ah Chris! I was just in the middle of composing a private message to you.

From what I've read, the PL7-2 software is for the TSX17-20 PLC but the TSX17-10 needs the PL7-1 version of the software. Apparently, there is a version of the software that can program both models (part # TSXLPL712V5E).

If you're willing to try to find the software and send a copy to me, I would be very grateful.

I've looked through all of your forum posts, Chris, but I can't see where you've posted a link to PL7-1

I've downloaded the object of your link (just in case there's something helpful in there) so please go ahead and delete it. Thank you.