Problem with upload/download of program with OMRON CJ1M PLC

AB2005

Dear Friends;

We have OMRON CJ1M CPU23 with I/O cards at one of our machine. We have arranged a spare PLC and tried to download the program as per following sequence;

• Opened the program with CX Programmer
  • Go Online with original PLC
  • Selected Transfer Program From PLC (Include Programs, Settings, IO Tables, Symbols and Comments)
  • After upload, installed new PLC
  • Go online
  • Selected Transfer Program To PLC (Include Programs, Settings, IO Tables, Symbols and Comments)

After all, checks that most of the functions of machine working well but some are not working while with same program with original PLC, all functions of machines work well. Kindly help me where I am mistaking.

I suspect that there are DM and/or H register values in the original program which are not being set to the correct values in the new program.

Try using the PLC Backup Tool in CX-Programmer.

I believe this will save the PLC memory values also.

You can use this tool to Restore the data to the new unit.

Hope this will help.

Dear All;
Thanks for your input to resolve the problem. Kindly also guide about usage and activation of memory card with Plc.

Download the CJ2 manual (W472) from Omron and read chapter 8. It describes the memory card operation much better than any of the CJ1 manuals.