controller status is blank

Howdy Everyone,
We have a 1769-L18ER that power got cycled to it and was off for about 12 hours, when they returned power to it we had several faults that we were able to clear, pretty much stating timeout of connection to the io block, all the lights seem happy now on the plc, in logix designer it says the controller is ok, shows i am in run remote, and changes as i toggle the switch, but none of the green bars on the sides of the run are there. and the controller status is blank, normally it shows online, or whatever else, I read somewhere else to try updating the firmware, I went from 28 to 33 and the same results, i tried holding the reset button during startup and that cleared the program out, but kept the firmware and ip address. I have tried this twice now, both ties it seems happy I can download the program back into it, but after that it isn't going into run mode. After that initial download i cannot download it a second time. i get an error stating "The controller acknowledged the request for a transition to Remote program mode, but it has not completed the transition. You cant download until the transition completes", is there anyway to do a deeper reset, or any ideas what has happened to the PLC? thank you

Hi,
Are you able to post your backup program? There may be a problem with it causing this. Unfortunately this type of error is either rooted in I/O Config problems (Not matching, etc) or with some instruction in a routine.
Have you verified that your physical I/O cards are working?

Thankyou for the reply, I had searched other threads on here and tried all the things people had recommended, flash firmware, reset it, try removing messages and add on instructions, nothing worked, I tore apart the PLC and found burnt copper lines on the back of the embedded io card, must have fried it when power was restored. Hadn't had a chance to reply to this before you posted, thanks, hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Thankyou for the reply, I had searched other threads on here and tried all the things people had recommended, flash firmware, reset it, try removing messages and add on instructions, nothing worked, I tore apart the PLC and found burnt copper lines on the back of the embedded io card, must have fried it when power was restored. Hadn't had a chance to reply to this before you posted, thanks, hopefully this helps someone else in the future.
I too have the same problem but I unchecked the fault box in the module properties so I could put it in run mode. I have a ticket in at Tech Support but they haven't got back to me yet. Were you able to repair the burnt paths - jumpers?