FOR Instruuction Confusion

Wes Gifford

When enabling a FOR instruction does the index set to the initial value before the first execution of the Called Routine? e.g. Initial Value = 6, Terminal Value = 1, Step = -1. What will be the index value for the first and last execution of the Called Routine?

Interesting one that, on mitsubishi in ladder or FBD the for next loop number is fixed i.e. 10 for example it actually incremnts from 0-9 in this way there is no way of using the value as a pointer so you have to init a pointer variable before entering the loop (assume 0) for indirect addressing and increment it in the for next loop.
However, in ST, the for next (well it's not next it's end for) the for starts with what ever you say for example for x.... then as x is a local tag then this can be used as a pointer.

It will be 6 executions total.
During first execution Index=6, during last = 1, after last execution Index will be 0.