Unable to get data to CP1E from Hyperterminal

Lazy_Fox

Hello,

I am trying to connect my CP1E-NA20DR-A with hyperterminal and get data from hyperterminal to the PLC. I used RXD instruction to store the data from hyperterminal to the D100 register.

I've set the following communication parameters on both the devices:

Baud Rate: 9600
Format: 7-2-E

I am using an standard 2-3-5 RS 232 cable for communication and use the on device RS-232C.

But, the data sent through hyperterminal is not received by the PLC i.e data not stored in regeister.

23.PNG

Hello,

I am trying to connect my CP1E-NA20DR-A with hyperterminal and get data from hyperterminal to the PLC. I used RXD instruction to store the data from hyperterminal to the D100 register.

I've set the following communication parameters on both the devices:

Baud Rate: 9600
Format: 7-2-E

I am using an standard 2-3-5 RS 232 cable for communication and use the on device RS-232C.

But, the data sent through hyperterminal is not received by the PLC i.e data not stored in regeister.

omron does not use the standard 2-3-5 pins for rs-232
2 - tx
3 - rx
9 - sg

I changed the wiring to 2-3-9 but, I haven't received the data yet.

Have you set the number of bytes to be received or an end code. Also check the other bits i.e. A392.04 Error (needs the port to be re-started) A392.07 etc.