Kinetix 5500 Clock Jitter

tcotterman

Hello everyone, have you guys ever seen this issue?

plc - compactlogix 5069-l310erm rev 31.011
servo - 3 kinetix 2198-H070-ERS rev 7.001
switch - 1783-ems08t/B stratix 6000

automation network on port A2 of plc class C
enterprise network on port A1 of plc class B

As soon as I plug shopfloor into A1 or into the switch I loose the controller being the master clock and it becomes a slave. Eventually over time the clock jitter will fault out the servos.

I have tried the network in star/linear back to linear with the same results. I changed the switch to a stratix 8000 which supports cip sync. I have tried blocking ptp traffic to no avail. Without shopfloor communicating there is no issues with the clock.

Thanks.

Without shopfloor communicating there is no issues with the clock.

Thanks.

Maybe there are other system connected to the shop floor with its clock set as Master as well.
I think you can only have a single Master in the network. Maybe I am wrong

I contacted IT weeks ago they didn't even respond back. Thats when I changed the switch and tried blocking any ptp packets coming in. Its unplugged and they are manually selecting recipes to run instead of scanning barcodes.

Thanks for help guys.