Mitsubishi PLSY Instruction

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good morning or afternoon wherever you may be.

New to Mitsubishi controls and playing around with software and the simulator.

GX Works 2

Wanted to mess around with the pulse output (PLSY) instruction but doesn't appear to work as I expected.

The following is a screenshot of the logic as its running in the simulator. my rung is true as I have Y001 ON. I added the counter to see if Y000 is in fact pulsing but not seeing anything.

Any suggestions or ideas? I did search the forum and found a few threads but still no luck with this.

Thanks
http://imgur.com/a/D9irLgi

D9irLgi

This is from the manual
Fixed cycle pulse output:
Outputs a pulse at a frequency designated by n1 the number of times designated by n2, to the output module with the output signal (Y) designated by D1.
So PLSY K1 K0 Y0 you will probably not see the change while monitoring
Try increasing the second K value to say 5 I actually had it lock up on me I had to stop the PLC & Reset it.
The contact that drives it when true will pulse the output at a frequency of the first constant as many times as the second constant, then stop pulsing until the input contact is turned to false then back on to true
so for example the output will pulse 3 times if N2 (second constant) is K3
when the logic is true, it will not pulse again until the logic driving the function goes back to false then to true it will do the same 3 pulses.
It does work on the simulator but you need larger values, however, it does not work properly, I tried 3 and it worked, tried 5 and it only pulsed 4 then locked up, however, this was on GXWorks so not sure if it works on the older versions of GX Developer.

Last edited:
I have read a little more about the PLSY function perhaps this is a little clearer.
1) Outputs a pulse at a frequency specified for n1 the number of times specified for n2, to the output module with the output signal (Y)
(2) Frequency of n1 can be set between 1 and 100Hz.

If n1 is other than 1 to 100Hz, the PLSY instruction will not be executed.

(3) The number of outputs that can be specified for n2 is between 0 and 65535 (0000H to 0FFFFH).

If n2 is set to 0, pulses are continuously output.

(4) Only an output number corresponding to the output module can be specified for pulse output

(5) Pulse output commences with the rising edge command of the PLSY instruction.

Pulse output is suspended when the PLSY instruction command turns OFF.

Note: Do not change the N1 or N2 while the instruction is processed, turn off the enable bit before doing an on-line edit to change either the pulse frequency or number of pulses or it will stop & set SM0 as the fault.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I was off yesterday but back at it this morning. Will fire it up in a bit and play around.

🍻🍻

Not sure why they used it in that particular operation as all it is doing is giving a 1 second on/off pulse to an output, as the value is K1 that equates to 1 second, and K0 means continuous, if it's just flashing an indicator then you could use either the 1 second time bit or a couple of timers, utilising PLSY is using resources i.e. interrupts these are better suited to higher speed operations.

Not sure why they used it in that particular operation as all it is doing is giving a 1 second on/off pulse to an output, as the value is K1 that equates to 1 second, and K0 means continuous, if it's just flashing an indicator then you could use either the 1 second time bit or a couple of timers, utilising PLSY is using resources i.e. interrupts these are better suited to higher speed operations.

That was just me playing around with it to learn how it works. :)