RE opening .S7S file

RockyNivas

Hello Everyone,

I have an .S7S file. Can I open it using TIA portal V15.1 ?. Can anyone please let me know how to open this. I am lagging of Simatic manager to open. Is there any other way to open this ? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

The .s7s file could be from a STEP7 v5.x project. But it is not enough with just that file. The PLC program consists of many files in a specific folder structure. If you manipulate single files, you risk corrupting the project.

When copying or moving STEP7 v5.x projects, you should use the archive/retrieve functions to get the complete folder structure.

If you do have access to the complete STEP7 project, then there is a migration function in TIA. But that is another topic, not as easy as one should think. I would not attempt it without good knowledge of both STEP7 classic or TIA.