Mits fx comms problem

leosammy

hi all,

i am trying to connect a keypad display OP320-A to a fx48mr plc.
The manual for the OP320-A gives a diagram for the cable which uses the programming port on the plc.
the problem is that it shows the programming port as a 8 pin din plug but the plc port is the 25 pin d plug type.:confused:
was wondering if anyone has any ideas or have managed this.

I would say that you don't have original Mitsubishi, but clone. If that is true, only one who can help you is the one who sold it to you.
Mitsubishi FX's programming port is 8-pin Mini DIN only.

The older FX range are 25 pin 422 the 8 pin din only came out on the later FX range like FX0s - FX2N - FX3U
Look at these pin out diagrams of SC09 Cable from google
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...F7A098&selectedIndex=0&FORM=IRPRST&ajaxhist=0
The SC09 cable is 232 to 422 but has an adapter 25 to mini din this is to cater for the older FX & the newer versions, you need to patch to the 25 pin.
I suspect that the HMI probably only caters for the newer ranges & older cables are no longer available, Also I'm not sure but if there is a difference between the protocols for FX & FX2N etc. there could be a problem, however, this is unlikely.

Last edited:
Just got some old info and I think the pins are as follows for the 25 pin programming port
TXA = 15
TXB = 2
RXA = 16
RXB = 3
COM = 7
4 & 8 Linked
12 & 17 Linked
20-21 Linked
However, this has not been tried

The older FX range are 25 pin 422 the 8 pin din only came out on the later FX range like FX0s - FX2N - FX3U

My bad. Parky is right. I overlooked that it is FX and not FX0/2/3. it surprises me that these very old PLCs are still operational.

The pinout I gave you is from some of my old notes, and I believe the TX & RX lines are as for the connecting cable and not the PLC socket, however, I'm not too sure they may be the other way round. Just remember that RX goes to TX & TX goes to RX, I must admit the old FX is certainly beyond it's support date by a mile, however, the program will probably convert without any changes to FX3U without problems, this is probably the way to go.

The well-known SC-09 cable diagram with the conversion from DB-25 to Mini-DIN-8 connector.

150e62e6089ab6234ba7eaf1fadcae73.jpg