Link between PLC/FT Transaction Mgr Dies w/ power outage

lftmx3

I have a reoccurring problem where a machine is powered off and the ethernet communications link between the PLC and FactoryTalk Transaction Manager locks up and stops updating. The PLCs are MicroLogix and SLC500. I installed a UPS in each machine panel and this has helped, but whenever maintenance completely powers a machine down it's still a problem. The only way we can currently re-establish the connection is to reboot the FactoryTalk server.

I don't have many specifics on the server configuration as this is under IT's control. Would like to figure out the problem as IT keeps making it an "Automation Dept. issue". Thanks!

Similar Topics

I need to add a NJ CPU to an existing network made of CJ2 sharing data by Ethernet/IP data links, and cannot get any information in manuals on how...
Replies
Views
hi all, what's the best way to check the com link between PLC and FTView site edition ? i have a task to run when the link is broken Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All, As part of a bigger project and not being too familiar with S7 I'm trying to send & receive data from datablocks over Profibus between a...
Replies
Views
I'm working with a ROC800 program offline right now. Normally, you can switch your TLP view between text and numbers by making your choice under...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, My question is that how do I make a link between my PLC (CP1E) and the CX-supervisor? I made a graph and I want to display the value...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom