Step 7 micro/win

Cjohan

Good day

we have a very old software project that was downloaded to a S7-200 plc

We have bought the Micro/win v4 software so that we can try and download this project to a "new/refurbished" CPU200

when i open the project it give me the following error attached

Does this mean i need to open it with an older version ? and how do i get this older version ? or can someone help me with updating it from the old version to the new Version please

Thank you

Error.PNG

This isn't a fix, just might get you a step along. Go to Help / About and see which version of MicroWin you are using. If it isn't 4.0.9 you can try upgrading to SP9 by downloading here:
https://support.industry.siemens.co...tep7-microwin-v4-0-sp8-and-sp9?dti=0&lc=en-WW
Another suggestion from others with the same problem was to go to Tools / Options / General and set the Programming Mode to the opposite of what you have now.

That shows as being a MicroWin 1 or 2 set of files, I will see if MicroWin 3 can open it. I get the same error with version 4.

OK maybe I have too much time on my hands, Covid and all. I created s very small project in MicroWin 2.12 and noticed that that there were 4 files missing from the C2160 that you posted. I copied the 4 files from my test program in to your C2160 folder, renamed them to C2160 and now the project opens. How much data you have lost is a whole other question, I don't know what those 4 files do. The 4 files type that were missing were a .cfg, .cht, .cmt and .db1. It might not need all 4 to get it open, but you can play with that.

And it still wouldn't open in 4.1 until I set the view to STL and re-saved it. So I converted it to C2161.mwp that should open natively in 4.1. Also attached are the original files saved without symbolic addressing and in STL format.

And it still wouldn't open in 4.1 until I set the view to STL and re-saved it. So I converted it to C2161.mwp that should open natively in 4.1. Also attached are the original files saved without symbolic addressing and in STL format.

BryanG

Thanks so much for your efforts in this. So does this mean i could maybe open this in my V4 ? Thank you very much i will test it ASAP and give feedback.

Regards

I am up to version 4 service pack 9, so the C2161.mwp file should open if you have that version. The C2160 will open in MicroWin 2.12. I found a disk I had that was an upgrade from V3 to V4 and on there was also the old version 2.12. If you would rather work in the old version check your CD to see if you also have the old versions on there.

I have printed the program to pdf from V4SP9, attached. You have lost any Network Titles or Comments which makes sense when it was complaining about the Comments file problem.

In the missing files, .cfg, .cht, .cmt and .db1, we can guess that .cmt is the comments file, possibly .cht is the Titles file, .cfg has got to be a configuration file and .db1 would be a database file, probably the DataBlock, the Data Block has values that are set when you first download the software to the PLC, initial settings.

Last edited: