Can some translate this to ladder Logic

bornwild

Helo guys,

New to siemens and STL . Can some one translate this ladder logic. In simatic manager when I change language it doesnt work.

A "G99Oven.ExtBit.19"
A(
A "G99Oven".IntTimer._2.Dn
O "G99Oven.OBits.04"
)
FP "G99Oven.OBits.03"
JNB _B15
AN "G99Oven.OBits.04"
= "G99Oven.OBits.04"
_B15: NOP 0

I don't have a ladder editor here but imagine this:

A normally open contact with G99Oven.ExtBit.19, followed by
A parallel branch (or an OR branch) with G99Oven".IntTimer._2.Dn and "G99Oven.OBits.04", followed by
A positive flank detection (OSR in Allen Bradley)

If the above is 1, the processor will then invert bit "G99Oven.OBits.04" (makes it 1 if 0 and vice versa).

If instead it's 0, then it jumps to the line _B15: NOP 0

Makes sense?

As I see it, if the code before the jump to _B15 transitions FALSE to TRUE, then
"G99Oven.OBits.04" will alternate.
Because of the jump, this code wont convert to LAD.
You can create something similar by splitting into 2 LAD networks with JMP and LABEL instructions.

A normally open contact with G99Oven.ExtBit.19, followed by
A parallel branch (or an OR branch) with G99Oven".IntTimer._2.Dn and "G99Oven.OBits.04", followed by
A positive flank detection (OSR in Allen Bradley)

If the above is 1, the processor will then invert bit "G99Oven.OBits.04" (makes it 1 if 0 and vice versa).

If instead it's 0, then it jumps to the line _B15: NOP 0

I think this implements the description above; I assumed the flank detection (one-shot) result goes into G99Oven.OBits.03:

Code:
  .ExtBit.19  .IntTimer._2.Dn       os03sto  .OBits.03
------] [----+------] [------+-----+--]/[-------( )---+----
             |               |     |                  |
             |  .OBits.04    |     |      os03sto     |
             +------] [------+     +--------( )-------+

.OBits.04  .OBits.03      .OBits.04
--+---] [--------]/[------+------( )-----
  |                       |
  | .OBits.03  .OBits.03  |
  +---]/[--------] [------+
Sorry about the output branches on the first rung: that should be a rising-edge instruction, but I don't know the shorthand for a one-shot in Siemens off the top of my head, and I am too lazy to look it up :whistle:; I think I did it right; os03sto is the one-shot storage.

The last rung is a flip-flop clocked by the .OBits.03 one-shot.

I dropped the G99Oven prefix; if the tag starts with a "." then add it back.

The two rungs could be merged into one, but it is cleaner this way, IMNSHO.

Last edited: