Control Techniques Unidrive module UD71 dumb terminal mode?

Zztpokcch

I have a UD71 serial communications module I'm trying to use to access a Unidrive's parameters, and it claims in the manuals it can do "dumb terminal" mode... But no info I can find goes into any detail on that. Should I be able to connect this up to windows Hyperterminal and get a prompt? (trying it, I get no response from the unit)

Still no luck. I might have a bad UD71, it was off of an old scrap drive...

I was hoping the UD71 would help me change parameter 0.48 from Servo over to openloop mode, and it's not letting me do it from the keypad, even though I put "1254" into parameter 0.00, which is weird because the other undrives let me do it that way. Maybe a software-revision issue? ("1253" in par 0.00 did nothing either)

Why not just use their free software? CTsoft is still available: http://www.emersonindustrial.com/en...serguidesandsoftware/Pages/softwaretools.aspx

'Dumb Terminal' is probably Modbus RTU, since that's what most of the current models use...

UD71 use ANSI protocal
You need Software Unisoft to connect with PC
You must enter 149 in 0.00 then M to change the parameter