Omron and ABB 910SC Integration issues

Pintauro

Good Afternoon guys,

I have a good one today. Have a NJ101-9020 CPU, a NX safety PLC, a NA5-7W001 HMI and finally a ABB 910SC SCARA to integrate. after some research i came to the conclusion that the only solution to integrate the robot and the omron PLC is to basically create my own I/O distribution because there is no references from any of the 2 companies on how to smooth the process (No EDS files, no vendor list additions from ABB, Like allen bradley processes for example that you add the FANUC robots straight forward and they come organized with what is needed). OMRON manuals cite the integration throwing the ball to ABB (See device manual for I/O Sizes, RPI, etc) and ABB tells OMRON that they dont have examples... I'm not in a severe pickle at this moment, this is research for a project that is incoming. Anyone can point so some literature i can investigate? Read? Extrapolate results? anything at this moment will help to pinpoint in the right direction. If anyone has code examples, generic or not, i will kiss the ground under your feet.

Hope you have a great afternoon and happy soon Canada day!

Best,

Pintauro