Help with external him for VFD 525

peppin23joe

HI... I need your help... I have to install a external him for a power flex 525 VFD but I dont know wich one its the better option to buy it..

If you can give me a recommendation about the better external him should be great...

I will like to hear your comments soon...

You have two options, a removable NEMA 1/ IP30 one in a bezel or a one piece 4X/12 IP66. Advantage of removable is easy moving around to clone parameters. Advantages of one piece include lower cost, environmental robustness, and won’t get lost or mixed up.

If in a wet or dusty environment, definitely use the one piece. I would only consider the removable HIM if the drive is located an a clean dry maintenance only area. Easy cloning might not matter much if drives are networked. If the HIM is removed without proper procedure (ALT - Remove - Enter) the drive faults, at least with default settings. This also applies to unplugging the one piece.

Save drive parameters to the HIM for easy drive replacement. If you go with the removable, I suggest taking the time to name the saved files in case HIMs get moved around.

22-HIM-A3 with a 22-HIM-B1 for the removable one
or a 22-HIM-C2S for the sealed one, depending on which one you get you may need a cable either a 22-HIM-H10 (1m) or a 22-HIM-H30 (2.9m)

Alan