Advantages of Upgrade to DirectSOFT06

twinsemi

Hello world.
This is my first post here.
My question: Should I upgrade from DirectSOFT05 (5.3) to the current version?
My project is to build a PLC system to continuously query our oxygen analyzer to get four digital values over RS-232 and send four channels of 4-20mA out to a customer's safety controller. (F0-04DAH-1 and a D0-006DD)
And I might add that I am a newbie to the PLC world.

Have you thought about using a Click or a Brix PLC for your project? The software if free and these models are way ahead of the old DirectLogics PLC in my opinion.

Look at Host Engineering Web site for direct soft it will tell you whats new in Directsoft 6. I use it daily. Also scroll down and look at version 6 revision history.

Thanks for the feedback. We have decided to go with the Click, for a few different reasons, primarily because it has more usable (ASCII) comm ports than the DL05.