Troubleshooting my first Mitsubishi PLC, FX1S-3MR0-001

Update: I was successful in uploading the PLC program in 2 out of 3 screen-printing machines. From what I could tell, the third had a password. I didn't get to the jobsite until late in the day, and since tomorrow is a holiday for most businesses in the USA, there was a limit how long I could stay there and work things out. People wanted to leave and start the long weekend. So I uploaded the programs, took some pictures, and made note of the inputs lit on the machines working versus the one that isn't. I already see that X1 is likely involved in some way. I want to look at the files and figure some things out before sharing it here. I have to get used to working with the software, and this is a good way to do it. Then, I'll share things here to complete the post.

BTW, there was a drawing with the I/O labels... in Chinese. I'll share that too. Not sure if anyone here can read the drawing. It would be cool to have a translated drawing to work with, but probably not absolutely needed. It's a pretty basic machine.

Two words.... Zone Reset!!!

On site, I saw input 1 was closed and the ZRST was energized. RST of course makes sense, but the Z?? The Z means Zone. (Interesting command, Mitsubishi) All the outputs were being reset with input 1, and the bit stays closed. We just need to trace what controls input 1 and they should be back in business.

I'm traveling for the holiday, but when I get back home I'll scan the drawing and see if anyone here knows how to read Chinese. I'll also see if Google Translate has Chinese as an option. I've used it before with German drawings. You can use your phone's camera to translate text into another language.

ZoneReset.png

Yes Z in an instruction means Zone, but Z is also a pointer register.
so My_Var[Z] or M100[Z] is an indirect pointer to M100 + the value in Z so if Z was 10 it would point to M110. although the manuals (and some of the instructions seem weird) this is probably due to translation but when you get used to it it's not so bad. we call it chinenglish lol.
It might be that they only had the N/C contact spare on a safety relay so they may have used that instead of a N/O, not exactly what I would do as I like failsafe so if healthy the input would be on not off.

Last edited:
Here is the drawing, which is written in Chinese. I loaded Google Translate on a tablet I use for storing manuals and taking pictures. I needed to know what X1's function is... I don't know if the attached translation is correct but it is quite possibly "semi-automatic".

GoogleTranslateResults.png

Attachments

• Screen-printer3.pdf
    797.1 KB · Views: 11
The inputs on that PLC are NPN so work in reverse.
This may have some bearing on the problem
It is not clear on the drawing but it could be the internal 24V power that has died, some people use this instead of an external one
Have a look at section 5 of this manual, however this could be a rip off and not true Mitsubishi.
https://www.elinc.ru/Downloads/Mitsubishi/FX1S_HW_manual.pdf

What I cannot see on there is the internal 24v + & SS contacts they should be wired, but on that PLC I cannot see them.

Last edited: