KEP Server on Panel View Plus

JCreel

Hello All,
I'm trying to use a panel view to communicate to a siemens 505 processor and i have read that it has to be done using a kepware server. Not as familiar with kepware and how that all works but i know it can be done. Could anyone give some pointers on how to make this happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank YOU.

I have only used the Kepware version not the Rockwell badged version so I don't know if there are limitations or how to configure it in Panelview, but assuming it's the same (doubt it as can't see RW wanting you to use other PLC's) but in the Kepware version you open up the configuration select the protocol and it creates an empty project select connectivity, add a protocol, select the parameters, it creates a channel and you then configure that, it then creates a device & again you configure that. In general it defaults to typical parameters that are considered to be the standard and the help files are very good. you then create your tags etc. save the project.

Thank you so much. I thought it was something similar to that but again, i'm not as familiar with kepware. However i'm going to see if I can find a license and do some homework on it. Thanks again.

If you register with Kepware, you can download a trial that is fully functional for 2 hours, this is a windows application so I don't know what the differences are for the badged version in RW HMI. But at least it will give you some idea how to go about setting it up.

JCreal,

I have used Kepware Enterprise to act as an interface between a Siemens PLC and a FactoryTalk application. It works quite well. However that is in an industrial PC I do not think you can use it on a Panelview or Panelview plus.

Glen