AB BootP/DHCP IP Config

I'm thinking the reason that you couldn't see the module in Windows 7 was firewall related. Make sure you add an instance of BootP to the firewall exceptions for the network type you are using (Domain, Home or Public).

I would agree with DMROEDER. I was setting up 1794 Remote I/O and ran into the same problem using a Windows 7 machine. I ended up shutting my firewall off and it worked. I also had my wireless connection turned off so I would be only seeing the MAC ID for that device.

I had a similar issue with a non-rockwell related device. I had the ability to see it, a few weeks later I tried with a new device and nothing.

An update modified my inbound rules. It didn't delete the old ones so simply allwoing bootP through my firewall did nothing.

I went to windows firewall -> advanced settings -> inbound rules -> and disabled the rule blocking bootP. (there was a Pair of them)

There was also a rule allowing bootP.

Sorry to necro an old thread but I use these threads religiously to solve my problems.

I've had the same problem in the past using RA's BootP server. It came up again last week with a 1794-AENT adapter but this time we used Phoenix Contact's BootP server. It simply worked immediately, showing the periodic requests from the adapter within seconds and without any fiddling with the firewall.

Mike

Rockwell recommends not using the BootP app.
I had this conversation with Rockwell tech support on the retiring of Bootp ap, I think this was back in 2017-2018 time frame.
Its better to use the dip switch on the device to set the IP. Then go in and change it to whatever your setting it too by RSLinx config.