You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 9th, 2018, 02:49 PM   #1
CJlikesCHAIRS
Abu Dhabi

Logix 5000 Add-on Instruction - Fast way to change timer preset values universally?

So I have timers in an add-on instruction that work perfect, however I want to change the preset values in all of the instances at once (about 45 instances). Right now, when I change the value in the add-on logic, I need to go to controller tags and change the data type of them (to anything else) then change it back to the correct add-on. Not hard, but annoying to have to explain to the field guys.

Is there a faster way to do this?
Old January 9th, 2018, 05:02 PM   #2
J E
United States

You could create a new input parameter in the AOI and move it into the timer preset in the AOI logic.

Then create a PLC tag and assign it to that input parameter for every instance of the AOI. Change the value of the PLC tag to change all of the timer presets.
Old January 9th, 2018, 06:58 PM   #3
CJlikesCHAIRS
Abu Dhabi

Good idea, that's great for when I have no idea what the preset might be, and the field guys might have to try a bunch of times. Thanks!
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum