N8 file problem

G
Hi
I need to make changes in a SCL 5/03 application from 1997. This application was written with ICOM software. I have a copy of the application from our backup files. Using RS Logix 5.20.00 was able to open the application with no problem. But when I attempted to verify project I got the following error (ERROR: Data table file N8: must be of type F Delete this file and re-verify your program). I have spoke with Allen Bradley and there seems to be no other way around this other than re-designating the N8 file to another N file copying the data and searching and replacing the old N8 addresses. I was also told by AB that I may a have trouble uploading the application because the above may cause a compile error. When get on sight I must upload first because my copy is old and I cannot trust that no changes have been made over the years. AB sent me an upload utility that will allow me to upload the application if I have problem with RS Logix. AB also said that the utility may have trouble running on Windows 2000.
Finally my question is, has anyone found another way around the above problem? (I doubt it but I figure with the vast pool of experience on this sight I would just ask). Has anyone had upload problems when experiencing this problem? Also has anyone used the upload utility on a 2000 machine? AB’s answer was to bring a 95 machine with me to the job site (just what need when I am on the road is tote more stuff).
Thanks for hanging in with this wordy post!!!

Jim
GO JETS