AB 825P to Yokogawa PLC

vnz_ph

hi! need some help here. we recently installed a motor protection relay from AB (825P) and needs it to communicate with the existing yokogawa PLC. the yokogawa plc is using profibus as its comm protocol while the AB 825P is in modbus. to solve this problem we put a gateway from prosoft to make the profibus communicate with modbus. i have configured both the 825P and prosoft 4105MCM PDPS unit, while a guy from yokogawa did the configuration to get data from the 825P. we got them communicating but the problem is we cant get some data correctly from the 825P. some data are correct like the ave voltage and line frequency. but the real power (kW), ave current and power factor have a big discrepancy from the ones we see in the 825P unit. can anyone suggest what might be the problem and how i can we fix this problem? thanks a lot!

All the parameters in the 825P are 16-bit integers, but some of them are signed (like Real Power and the Current Angles) and some of them are unsigned (like Average Voltage and Line Frequency).

Could your wrong-appearing values be incorrect because they are considered to be the wrong (unsigned vs. signed) integer value ?

Use the Prosoft monitor mode to be absolutely certain you are reading the correct Modbus register numbers. It's easy in Modbus to accidentally lose track of your 1-register offset between the Register Number and the actual offset value in the Modbus frame.

makes a lot of sense. we were probably getting the wrong values because we did not consider the sign (+/-) designation of the said data. we will try to work this out first then see whether we can finally get the correct data. thanks so much for the help!