Configuring midimaster drive using STARTER software

mikas_m

Hello,

I need to configure two midimaster drive and set up most of paramteres to be exactly the same as paramters of a third drive that is currently in operation. One way is to manually go through all parameters by using operator board. Other much faster way would be to upload all parameters with some software and download same configuration to other drives.
Now I have got Siemens STARTER software that can be used to configure Micromaster drives. My biggest problem now is what cable to use it to connect PC (notebook) to midimaster drive?
Should it be simple NULL modem cable?

Do you have some experience with this issue?

Thanks

Kakka, I'm not sure what you mean... What profibus cable? It's more RS232 or Null modem to me. I have USB and RS232 port on my notebook. Do need some special adapters, as well?

Hi,

You can use profibus cable but you need profibus card in your midimaster + mpi/profibus adapter in your pc

USS protocol is the cheapest way is using RS-232 null modem pin 2-3,3-2,5-5, and you have the converter module (detach AOP/BOP). But I never triy it.

Regards,

Anton

good day.

just need some info? is it a midi master or a mm440 drive?

can you supply a mlfb no.(siemens part no) the starter softwear was made for the mm4 drives and the sinamic as wel as the simotion drives not for the old gen midi master drives.

if you whatn to use the starter on new drives prefird conection is profibus dp.
For your situation i segest u use drive monitor and you can just save your parameter list and download it to the drives. you will also requir a rs232 to rs485(uss) converter for the midi master(or profibus modul on the drive?

i can help you more in detail if you give me the part number.