1756-L72 long term value storage

tachypsychia

1752-L72S ControlLogix Controller.

I've been asked to store data on recipes. It will be a simple cumulative weight for each recipe which may change daily. I imagine setting this part up will be simple enough but they are wanting reliable data to be used on daily, weekly and monthly reports. We have an SQL system that I don't have access to so I'd prefer to do it all within the program.

We do weekly (or more) shutdowns of the equipment including powering down the controllogix controller. Many have UPS, some dont. *shrug*

If I create a tag to track the weights and we lose power to the controller there is no chance of recovering/saving the data correct?

This should be very easy.

The 1756-L7x series has a capacitor and a flash NVRAM system for the user program. When you shut down power, the controller runs for a few seconds to store the current program and the current value of all the tags in the controller.

Once it shuts down, the NVRAM storage keeps the data indefinitely. The only thing that is affected by extended power-down is the real-time clock.

There are also some application notes for writing tags to the SD storage card in the controller, which can give you some additional survivability of the data in the event of a controller hardware failure.