sequencers

kevin

can anyone help. i have managed to get a sequencer working. however, i was wondering what all i can do with it. im working with ab so if anyone can help, with examples or comments i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Regarding sequencers: using a 'time only' based sequencer in an AutomationDirect PLC I implemented the dreaded 'Traffic Light' in one rung of logic. How's that for useful?

thanks for the reply bernie, however. i had that much figured out i started with the traffic light situation, and moved into a 31 light stepping sequence which was great, but i was really wondering what i could do with the sequencer other than a traffic light. where i work we have a lot of automated machinery. i was really hoping to implement the sequencer into some of my programs. thanks again for the reply bernie

Uses For A Sequencer

One of the first applications that I've had for a sequencer is an air press.
Air Cylinder on top with a solenoid valve driving it down.
Air Cylinder below with a solenoid valve driving it up.
Cylinder in the back pushing a feed shoe back and forth.
Each Cylinder movement is sequentially operated and the press makes a shiny new part.
No need for sensors or extra inputs.
The sequensor just lights one output, then lights another etc. etc.
I hope this helps.
Good Luck
George Bradley