converting toshiba T1 ladder

I am converting a Toshiba T-1 ladder program to an Mitsubishi FX3

All is going well - nothing too complicated apart from an SS timer.

The T-1 uses inline timers so I have to seperate them out and used the 'done' bit to continue the line.

I have come across lots of 2 timers inline, one of them being an SS timer
In the manual SS stands for single shot

But I can't see how they work?

the line is like this

Code:
 !  !--[0640  TON  T16] [00200 SS T17]------Y002E-!

I can understand that when the n/o contact closes T16 times out then starts T17 but these timers are inline to operate output Y002E
How does the single shot work - and even why have 2 timers in series for just one output?

The TON waits until n/o has been on for 64 sek, it then triggers the SS to be on for always 20 sek, even if the n/o is on for longer.

So n/o closes, t16 times for 64 seconds then Y002E is immediately energised for 20 seconds (t17) then off until n/o goes off and on again.

Is that it

And thanks.

Not done any work on Tosh and you have not said what programming tool you are using, i.e. GX Developer or GX Works.
GX Works has functions for SS timers so does GX Dev, however in GX Dev the SS timer will reset if input is taken off so have included code using standard TON timers see codes below

GX Dev.png GXWorks.png