Good Morning ,

I am trying to communicate with a Cognex 5100 Vision System
to change jobs. I placed a MSG instruction in the Rung according to
the Cognex Tech Note: Using EIP with In-Sight Explorer and
ControlLogix. In the MSG Configuration I get an error:

Error Code: 16 #0009
Error Path: Insight_1_Face_Camera
Error Text: Parameter Error In Module Configuration

Would you have any tips that would solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

I am getting the same error code when trying to change jobs in an Insight 5403 camera. And I use the Cognex technote too.

Coachman,

Did you solve your problem?

Old post, but . . .

I have two similar Cognex Micros, on two similar CLXs.

Both are triggered through hard-wire, and report results over ethernet.

One works perfectly changing jobs, the other gives me this #0009 error.
The only difference I can see is that the working one has an IP of 192.168.0.114, and the non-job-changing one is 192.168.1.116. RSL5000 will not let me put keep that address in the IP field; it automatically stuffs it into the Private Address area. As well, the working one has a MSG Path of (ENBT,2,IP address), whereas the non-working one - if I Browse to it - fills that field with its alias.

I will post findings when I figure out the difference.