Siemens TIA & WinCC for SCADA

orense

Hello,

I'm a bit uncertain on the WinCC part, now that we have the TIA portal.
Before we had Simatic Manager, WinCC Flexible for panels & WinCC for SCADA applications.

How is this after TIA has arrived?
Is there still a WinCC, or is it implemented into the TIA like Flexible and Manager?

Our company are using TIA for 300 series plcs, as well as for Comfort panels.

If we are going to make SCADA applications, do we need to get the WinCC, or can we make SCADA in TIA as well?

Cheers !

Since your using Wincc for the comfort panels,
Go for it and use Wincc Professional for the scada part
This way it all integrates together

Thanks for the answer,

I want to use Siemens for SCADA along with panels and plcs, for the exact same reason that you mention, that everything integrates as smooth as possible.

What I meant is that I am not sure which software I need for WinCC, when I have TIA portal? Is the WinCC Professional integrated in TIA, or do I need a seperate WinCC license and installation software?

Yes
You will need wincc professional and a license
It will integrate in TIA portal (which is the framework)
Wincc must be installed

TIA portal is a common base for:
PLC: Step 7 (Basic for S7-1200, Professional for S7-300/400/1500)
HMI: WinCC (Basic (basic panels only), Advanced (basic, comfort panels, one simple PC application), Professional (all panels and complex PC scada))
Safety
Drives
and others yet to come.

I think WinCC Professional is what you need.